Friday 30 April 2010

'The Play's the Thing.'


For many years, I studied and taught Hamlet. 'The play's the thing,' Hamlet says, 'wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king.'
Drama has been put back in my life to share the good news of Jesus. Church had no use for it really and so I consigned it to the shelf of 'stuff I have done and know, but can't use for God.' God, of course, had other ideas and brings me to a church in which drama and music are so much part of the life of fellowship and evangelism. Drama has always been in me and God finds a use for it. I am so moved by the production of Job. Jesus told stories to share the good news of the kingdom and why shouldn't we? A Bible story set to music and skilfully acted with costumes and simple props can catch the heart of even the most stubborn. These kids were captivated by the power of the Gospel and the Holy Spirit. Restive at first, they settled to a stunned silence at Apostle Leigh's masterful altar call. This is him in the mask talking about how we try and mask our pain when God wants to set us free - profound, yet so simple even a child can understand.

1 comment:

  1. I have always said God has used everything in your life Duncan- this is further proof - if proof were needed.God is with you each step of the way and it is amazing to see what He is doing in both your lives. Love as always, Mum and Dad xxx

    ReplyDelete