Saturday 3 April 2010

Home Sweet Home!


I'm having one of those days. The day that says, actually I don't want to go to Cape Town. We have been doing lots of little housey jobs - painting the chimney breast where David plastered up the fire place, weeding and allowing the daffodils that our lovely neighbour planted in our little patch of "garden" on top of the wall, to be seen and flourish. The washing is out drying in the sunshine and, well, basically, I love my home. My kitchen is so nice I just had to make an apple crumble! It's good to be here.
I know that we will be happy in Cape Town. God has called us there so we will. I am not getting down, just a little wistful!
This is a lovely home and we're really pleased Janet will be here to enjoy it in our absence!

2 comments:

  1. Wherever I lay my hat........Home is where the heart is.......all true and your new home will be loved by you both and be filled with love......it'll be different of course it will but you'll make it "yours"...AND.....you can always come back...it'll all still be here..as will the people ...lots of love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Beverly, I so totally understand how you are feeling at this moment, you want to go, but you don't want to leave. However your home is where you and Duncan are at any moment in time, you are the home together, you just have a house around it and that house can be anywhere so long as you fill it with your love. As Chris says "Home is where the heart is" Love you so much - Pam/Mum

    ReplyDelete