Friday 16 April 2010

Farewell to Jonathan and Rachael


We had chilli last night, and trifle and a good time with our friends Jonathan and Rachael.We talk the same language, we're tuned into the same frequency and so the conversation was easy, it flowed. Just like worship should!
I sang with Dewsbury Elim Church's worship team and for most of my time Rachael led worship and she was fantastic to worship with as she listened to, and heard God and I began to experience worship as I had not experienced it before.
It was Rachael who recommended Jarrod Cooper's book on worship and I read it from cover to cover and learned more.
Rachael and Jonathan are "real" about their faith and about God and we enjoy their company and our prayers together as they were leaving were impactful and prophetic.

Thank you both and we will look forward to seeing you again in the summer. I look forward to us eating together again - something with red kidney beans and cherries I think will be on the menu, Jonathan!

2 comments:

  1. Friends are valuable it is good to have a group of them. Glad you had a good time together - love Pam/Mumxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a lovely time too...thankyou for hosting us with the lovely food...yummmmy!
    Skim read the 'Prisoner in the third cell' as we drove to take the kids to Charlottes today.....sobbed part way through as the revelation of scripture retold so beautifully grabbed my attention and heart...finished it on the way back. I KNOW that same gifting to write similarly is in you and Duncan! Expecting great things as you journey out the stories of Jesus life in you xx

    ReplyDelete