Friday 30 April 2010

Blown Away!


Today has been awesome. Really and truly awesome and I learnt what we are really all about today and I can't get my head round it!
We went into De Grendal High School with the students from the Bible School and Apostle Leigh and Pastor Billy to present an extract from the musical Job. That in itself was fantastic but after Apostle Leigh's altar call I was open-mouthed at the response. These kids who filled the hall and were only just behaving in an acceptable way at the start, these kids who came from very poor and broken homes and suffered in terrible ways, just poured to the front. Really. There were dozens of them. My sceptical, ex-teacherly self thought they were taking the micky, but when Duncan and I were directed to a group of five or six black boys who wanted to give their lives, one look at their serious faces humbled me and I wanted to cry.We began to pray with them and an arm snaked around my waist and I was cuddling a young lad who obviously needed a cuddle as much as he needed Jesus. Awesome. An incredible moment that on its own would have made this trip worth while.
Apostle Leigh then drew me aside to a group of girls who wanted prayer and I led two girls to Jesus and hugged them and wiped the tears from their faces. I then prayed for two young girls who were Christians but had big problems at home.
Our time in the school finished with us talking to a 15 year old boy who was a Christian and who led worship in his church. He sang two worship songs to us. I am speechless. I am humbled and I know why we are here. Thank you Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience.Also a tremendous introduction to the youngsters in your area there.Praise God that he is using you in this way. Love Mum/Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to catch a picture and Jenny and read the amazing work God did at the school. Sad we are no longer allowed to be so overt here in preaching the one message that people need to hear.

    ReplyDelete