Wednesday 5 May 2010

Wednesday May 5th 2010


7am rush hour from our Kitchen Window. Traffic made worse by all the road building for the World Cup.
Quick personal note first: Happy Birthday, Greta for yesterday. Hope you had a lovely day. Thank you all for my presents, by the way, the CD is great! If you could pass this on to Greta and Paul, Pam, please, just in case they don’t see it! Thanks!
Hope the Rock is coming on well, Chris and Phil.

We had more amazing teaching this morning but we had worship first led by Charlene – incredible. I had a picture, a very clear picture of the long, snaking line of Israelites approaching the Red Sea. The Sea parted and they went through as I watched. I carried on and I too came to the huge wall of water that was the Red Sea, before me. I looked up and it went on and on as far as I could see before me. The Sea then parted and God said He would have opened it just for me. He was opening it for me and I wasn’t too late as I had feared. I thought it was a word about God’s timing and that He was enabling the impossible to become possible. I was going to share this but we moved on and the first session began with Adele. She said that she wanted to bring a word of encouragement to the group before she began the class. She led us to Deuteronomy 2 and began to talk about the wilderness and that what God had promised He would fulfil His promise for us, He would not give to another what He had promised to us. I was open-mouthed (again). So I then shared my picture and then Lynette said she had been moved by a word about the Red Sea before the service on Sunday and the impossible things becoming possible, and that Colleen was also holding on to a similar word regarding the Red Sea that she had received in the service on Sunday! I was so encouraged that I am really hearing from God.
Another trip to the mall for CDs so we can burn copies of our given songs and pass them on to Nola and Chantal to listen to; and, of course we had to visit Mug and Bean again! Only coffee for me but Himself managed to slip a muffin the size of Blackpool down, along with three cups of the aforesaid bottomless coffee!
We met a young woman selling some deal in the mall who was from Nottingham and had been here three months with her Afrikaans boyfriend. An interesting chat! She was giving it a year to see if she was going to stay for good. Duncan told her about our amazing church and she seemed interested and wanted to know details of where it is! So that’s two people we may see on Sunday. Oh, perhaps I didn’t tell you about the shop assistant in Woolworth’s who Duncan was talking to! She said she would see us on Sunday! I’ll let you know!
Anyone out there who moans about the uniform they have to wear to work – hold your tongues! We saw what must be the worst uniform in the world this morning! Two women were working outside the supermarket, possibly on the road building crew and they were both wearing bright yellow and orange bibs which announced “SOLID WASTE”! I ask you? Goodness knows what their job is? Don’t go there!!
How are the UK airports doing? We saw that Scotland and Northern Ireland were to be closed from 7am today. Is it the same volcano or is it the BIG one erupting I wonder?
The sun is shining again today after a cold, windy and rainy day yesterday. We both seem to have caught colds – Duncan’s is obviously flu though!! I awoke this morning with razor blades in my throat and felt dreadful. I prayed “Lord I don’t want to be ill!” and went back to sleep for half an hour. When I woke again my throat was a bit sore but nothing like it had been! Isn’t He amazing!
I am typing this in the apartment listening to Johnny Clegg! We will be nipping to the hotel to post it in a minute and check our e mails! I do so hope you’ve all written to us!
We have stocked up the “Goody” box with rusks and biscuits in case we have more visitors. It was lovely to see Catherine yesterday and we did laugh! I don’t think we’ve laughed with such abandon for some time.
Hope all is well with you all in England. Glad Dad’s eye op went well. Martha has switched allegiance to Janet as soon as we left as predicted! Fickle cat! It’s lovely to think of Janet running rampant around our bookshelves like “a kid in a sweetshop” as she put it! Enjoy!
Our love to you all and look forward to reading your comments and e mails very soon. XX

4 comments:

  1. Hi Guys appartment looks fab and you sound as though you're none stop. Elections here tomorrow and its all quite exciting, feels like we are in europe somewhere with all the electyion boards and party pictures everywhere, feels like i could run into che guevara down Ravensthorpe ha ha. Its funny weather here too, we went for a walk in Derbyshire on monday and had every weather going, hail stone, sunshine, heavy rain and freezing cold all in one afternoon. Wish I was there in the sunshine and the views are fabulous. Mum and Dave fine but still not got the hang of your blog so ill say hi for them HI!!! Speak to ya soon Love ya both Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning...just a quickie while I have my morning cuppa and wend our way up to The Rock for more scrubbing...our painter did a super job on the windows (my job to scrape it all off before cleaning!!)Chuck had a wonderful birthday on his hands and knees scraping paint off the marble...all done now so just got to polish it with his machine.We're almost at the stage of ordering curtains etc...so that will be nice.I like the sound of your Woolworths(M+S)..do they have clothes as well?Anyway must be off now...hope you're both feeling better..lots of love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about you colds and hope you soon feel better. Perhaps the cold virus you have picked up is a new one to your bodies? Anyway it doesn't seem to be holding you up at all. We went to Calebs this morning. Paul was asking if you had changed your e-mail address but I explained you now had a different system going. he said he had e-mailed you twice and not heard from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some airports have been closed in Ireland and then opened and then closed again. yesterday Wednesday some Sottish airports were closed and they were bussing people down to Manchester airport which was open. Don't know yet about today - all full of election. Will keep our eyes on the situation obviously. Love Mum/Pam

    ReplyDelete