Sunday 23 May 2010

One Month Anniversary!


Great church again this morning. I think I’ll stop writing that as I am sure you are taking it as read. If it’s Sunday, we will have had church and church will have been great! Amen.
I feel so free in the dance now. God works through the dance. As you praise Him with your whole body He works on you and you get closer to Him somehow. This morning Yvette was leading communion and asked people in her area if they had any testimonies to share, so both Duncan and I shared about our experience of the dance and the liberation we both feel. We were both drawn into the dance, enticed in Duncan’s case and twirled and catapulted in my case. As I explained in my testimony, as a large lady who can be very self-conscious, I was reluctant to join in though I danced in my seat – seat land, as I may have explained before. And really, that’s the whole point – self-consciousness. When you concentrate on praising God and take your focus off self it’s a very different experience and you realise that actually, no-one is watching you and your wobbly bits, well certainly not in a negative way, but they are worshiping God and God is loving it! So get out there and dance before the Lord and know His pleasure at your dance.
Aje preached at the 10am service and commended the church for everything they had done and been during the ‘Overcomers’ conference. He does preach well. He read from the parable of the talents and said we must use the resources and talents God has given us and He will repay 10 fold. He commended the church for doing just that. He spoke about shifting our mindsets and encouraged the church that God would say: “Well done good servants. I now give you authority over 10 cities.” It is a very exciting time to be here. We are continually overcoming and realising that nothing can separate us from the love of God.
We went to Mugg and Bean for lunch today.It was planned today, not just a coffee and see how we feel when we see the menu! We had the local dish Bobotie and realised that I had cooked bobotie on my 40th birthday when we had an all day party at School Street! My, my. I was cooking South African food 15 years ago without realising it! We also were introduced to Mrs H.S. Ball’s Original Recipe Chutney and liked it so much we immediately went out and bought some!
Now we are sitting in the sunshine and preparing to go to the 6.30 service.

When we arrived home there was a board outside the apartments advertising a “Show home” which was open for viewing so we went to have a nosey! Absolutely beautiful apartment – 3 beds, 2 bathrooms and garden areas and patios. Sea view but the cabanas blocked the view of the mountain. Well out of our price range but we met a nice man and it was good to have a look!
So, I look forward to hearing from you all and trust you are having a great Sunday too. Enjoy your English sunshine! Love from us both XX

8 comments:

  1. I wish we had dancing in our church the best we have ever managed was conga, which those of us who joined in enjoyed, but those who sat firmly in their pews didn't!! It is very hot again today over24 degrees in our lounge and that is the coolest spot ( apart from the cellar)It was lovely and cool in Church David Hudson preached a very good Pentecost sermon. Paul is away until Wednesday.This evening there is a Churches together service at the Minster.I am sure that living in the flat with the lovely views is going to make you very choosy about other accommodation. So pleased everything is going so well for you Love Mum/Pam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like dancing this morning. Moved around and gestured as the Spirit spoke to us. I was thinking it wouldn't be the same after experiencing Harvester CT for a week but this morning was special. Same Spirit and frequency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post!!!
    I'm laughing at the thought of remembering Duncan dancing with the flag at Dewsbury...and his inhibition!
    I'm smiling as I identify with you Bev!
    Took my thoughts back to Sowerby when Chantelle and Adje visited...and the drumming released me to dance!
    Just spoke prophetically about the breakthrough and the dance at worship academy. How Miriam, after being in bondage to the Egyptians ALL HER LIFE, saw her people set free...and how after the crossing of the Red sea, Miriam and her girls danced with timbrels as an expression of high praise. I can only imagine, the dance came from the amazing relief of God making a way out. Her brother had declared the word of the Lord "Let my people go" 10 times over...and time after time, Pharoahs heart was hardened as God worked out His purposes.
    Our God is amazing! Sovereign!
    Lots of references to women dancing with tambourines in scripture....it was a tradition of celebration whenever a battle was won and the army returned home the girls would dance and celebrate.
    The battle for my life has been won through Jesus.
    In Him, I am free.
    Let's make sure girls, this is a tradition that is kept well and truly alive.
    Now where's my tambourine??
    Love to you both today and all your connections.
    We're journeying in exciting days.
    A woman who had been blind for 15 years got healed at New Life Wakefield during worship last month.
    The song?
    Amazing Grace.
    The line her healing took place ?
    "Was blind but now I see".
    Takes the familiar to a 'whole nutha level'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this post!!!
    I'm laughing at the thought of remembering Duncan dancing with the flag at Dewsbury...and his inhibition!
    I'm smiling as I identify with you Bev!
    Took my thoughts back to Sowerby when Chantelle and Adje visited...and the drumming released me to dance!
    Just spoke prophetically about the breakthrough and the dance at worship academy. How Miriam, after being in bondage to the Egyptians ALL HER LIFE, saw her people set free...and how after the crossing of the Red sea, Miriam and her girls danced with timbrels as an expression of high praise. I can only imagine, the dance came from the amazing relief of God making a way out. Her brother had declared the word of the Lord "Let my people go" 10 times over...and time after time, Pharoahs heart was hardened. As faith and obedience worked out in Moses life, God's hand was working out His purposes for deliverance!!
    Our God is amazing! Sovereign!
    Lots of references to women dancing with tambourines in scripture....it was a tradition of celebration whenever a battle was won and the army returned home the girls would dance and celebrate.
    The battle for my life has been won through Jesus.
    In Him, I am free.
    Let's make sure girls, this is a tradition that is kept well and truly alive.
    Now where's my tambourine??
    Love to you both today and all your connections.
    We're journeying in exciting days.
    A woman who had been blind for 15 years got healed at New Life Wakefield during worship last month.
    The song?
    Amazing Grace.
    The line her healing took place ?
    "Was blind but now I see".
    Takes the familiar to a 'whole nutha level'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rachael. We love you and thank you for the encouragement you have always been to us. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D Didn't want to create another email account so I use Jonboy's!! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes realised but thought others might not. I'm so pleased you're following!! Love to you all XXX

    ReplyDelete