Friday 21 May 2010

Exchange 4 Free!


There is a town here called Nigel!
Can you believe it. We were on the way to the school in Bellville where the students put on two performances of Job this morning, and our driver, Verner (sp?) told us.
The school has 250 (approx) pupils with a variety of special needs; The students performed for the younger children and then for the 14-18 year olds. They were amazing and many came forward for salvation and prayer at the end of each session. They were all completely enraptured by the performance. It had been well worth getting up at 5am!
Between performances the school were selling burgers and Pastor Billy treated us to one each and they were really yummy!
Back to Cape Town and a reviving coffee for Duncan in Mugg and Bean and a strawberry frappe for me as suggested by the lovely Canadian waitress we are getting to know quite well now. Then, inevitably we also had something to eat! Yet another burger for Duncan and a chicken Caeser salad for me! Shopping for tomorrow’s braai came next – we wanted Chantal and Aje to eat with us but their house and built-in braai was the best venue for this – and also we can all be babysitters! Then back home to Dolphin Beach.
While I sat in the glorious sunshine on our balcony, Duncan sorted out the payment through Exchange 4 Free for our hire car which we will be getting next Friday. He did all “the accounts” which is no mean achievement over here when he has to talk to banks in UK! So well done that man! I am proud of him – so I won’t post the photo of his expanding waistline that I took a few minutes ago! (Later, later!)
The Leaders’ meeting is cancelled this evening as Andre is away and I think Duncan is pleased to have an evening in after our early start.
We have skyped Graham today for a bit of help with the Exchange 4 Free transaction and will be skyping again later when Annie is in.
Thank you Janet, Graham and Pam for your comments – keep them coming.
We will have been here a month on Sunday! Can you believe it?

1 comment:

  1. I Don't know! All this lovely eating!! I am TRYING to get my own weight down - Peter says it doesn't matter now I'm 74 - I think it does because I shall soon have nothing left to wear-oh well, I just keep trying I guess. The charity shop will benefit!! We had a lovely meal with Mark and Elizabeth and the children.they all look fit and well now. Well done Duncan for coping with the finances - not an easy task. This month has flown for us also as we have been busy too, although not on a three month stint with a great many new experiences, like you are having.The weather is beautiful here at the moment - really hot and sunny and lovely blue sky. They say it will be the same tomorrow and then break and we shall be back to our chilly temperatures again. So we are enjoying it while we can. Yesterday I potted up a collection of lupin seedlings I had grown from seed- they are all doing well. Rhubarb seeds and pepper seeds had all started to grow too. Peter is down at church taking out an old gas fire. We do what we can!! Take care - Love to you both Mum/Pam xxx

    ReplyDelete