Monday 30 August 2010

My Pantry!




I LOVE having a pantry! When we first moved in it was full of things that we didn't have room for and so when we had the kitchen done and were able to re-organise I was delighted to reclaim a pantry. Duncan put up shelves, lights and little hooky things and my spice collection also lives in there. My recipe books, as you can see, have their own shelf too.
I love my recipe books - all of them, and can read them like a good novel, especially Nigel Slater's. Although I have moved on to Nigel and Nigella I could never forget Delia. I will always be grateful for Delia Smith and she will always have a special place in my heart. I still say that her recipe for "All-in-one Victoria Sponge Cake is the best and the easiest there is. It never fails and is especially good made with wholemeal self-raising flour!
PS The sweety jars are for Duncan! He has a passion for Wine Gums!

1 comment:

  1. I must admit I miss having a pantry - there is something satisfying about it, sure enough - long may you enjoy it Love Pam/Mum xx

    ReplyDelete