Tuesday 19 October 2010

Now That's What I call A Chorley Cake!



Look at the size of this whopper! Yummy yum yum!
We were in Hebden Bridge this morning as I had my aforementioned appointment with the physio and on the way back to the car we stumbled upon (and into) this beautiful baker's shop where these Chorley cakes of Frisbee-size proportions, beckoned to us through the glass!The loaves were too good to resist, as were the rhubarb and gooseberry crumble tarts and when Duncan spotted the hot pie emporium we were lost and a piping hot pork pie was also added to the bag! Only a small one as I was determined to reserve a little self restraint! Well that lasted until we got home and the pie was cut and tasted. MMMMMMMMMMMMM. THE best pork pie I think I have ever tasted! We were sorely tempted to get back in the car straight away and fetch more!!
Anyway, the main import of the blog - what was the physio's conclusion? An acute frozen shoulder! He examined and tested me and manipulated me to a certain extent (OUCH!) and has suggested exercises I should do until my next appointment. (One of which is that Duncan should massage my shoulder! Yes! Result!)He is also going to contact my doctor to arrange for another steroid injection. He was so nice! Informative, caring and helpful; he had a lovely manner and was careful not to hurt me too much!
So, as I said in my previous blog, I am not moaning about tha NHS, far from it, I am delighted by the way I am being cared for. And cake to boot on the way home!

1 comment:

  1. That is very good news Beverly i do so hope your shoulder continues to improve and becomes eventually totally pain free. I had a frozen shoulder years ago when I was working at the Gospel School. It eventually healed but it took time and I could only swim in circles and had to develop a kind of flipper movement with my hands in order to go straight! Love Mum/Pamxx

    ReplyDelete