Sunday 12 September 2010

It Has To Be Said!


Sometimes you think things and never get round to saying them. For example, I know that I want to say such a lot about what a fabulous holiday we are having and will want to say it when we are leaving and saying goodbye. I also know that I won't be able to say anything because I'll be crying too much! It always happens; six years on the trot and I don't expect this year to be any different.
So, while we still have over 3 days to go before our wonderful holiday is over I thought I'd write a blog dedicated to my sister (as she cooks the tea! Curry tonight! Yum! She's a good cooker is our Chris!)
She's 62 and looks younger than me and she and Phil have been and are being very courageous with their lives. Living in Turkey has enough challenges if you live in the little English enclave near the village but pioneering out here in Turkey Proper (where they slaughter goats!) is another thing entirely. Phil designed this beautiful house and Chris has made it a home. She wanted all the best fittings but as they were badly treated by their builder they have had to make do with the "economy range" and she has made do and with a cheerful face on it!
They are popular and gregarious people and consequently they have a lot of friends who want to visit. I think the wall to wall sunshine and the sparkling pool may have something to do with it too, but the point is, they have A LOT of visitors from June through to the end of October. Visitors mean work and cleaning in this heat is not a barrel of laughs but as we found the place spotless, I am sure all their visitors do too.
So I'm saying it now. I'm saluting you now our Chris and Phil. Well done and thank you. We're proud of you and we love being here. So instead of the blubbing,the deep intakes of breath and the sighs which will come on Wednesday night, I've for once articulated, a little bit, how I feel!


PS Shame about the windows!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you our Bev xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Builders are clearly the same all over the world! Builders and doctors' receptionists...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil and Chris are a truly great couple with adventurous spirits, energy and enthusiasm for living and entertaining guests. We too admire the way they have moved to a different country and made such a beautiful and welcoming home. Please pass on our love and very best wishes to them for a healthy and happy future there.Love Pam/Mum xx

    ReplyDelete