Thursday 15 December 2011

Masterchef 2011

It's the final tonight and I must admit I will be feeling very sad as the final credits roll, no matter what the outcome. I have followed this competition throughout, the ups the downs, the lobster and the filleted fish and have enjoyed every minute of it. I think any one of these three could win but I'm backing Ash, the one on the right in the photo. Each one deserves to win as each are inspirational with their use of food and how they marry tastes, flavours and textures on the plate. Exquisite.
I have learned a lot about food as I've watched and seen some incredible things achieved in 3* Michelin kitchens. The Spanish restaurant and its 3 brothers who passionately run it was amazing. Such passion, such lovely gentle guys. 
So I will watch again with great interest and no doubt cry whoever eventually carries off the trophy. They have each put their all into everything they have done and have shown such pleasure and delight when other chefs have enjoyed their cooking. There is something quite humble about these 3 Masterchefs! 

2 comments:

  1. What can we say? Food glorious food!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally managed to watch the one where they went to Spain - it didn't come on Virgin Catch-up for some reason so I had to watch it online. What an amazing restaurant, and the brothers who ran it were so encouraging to the participants, and not at all snobbish, even though they were producing some of the best food in the world! Will have to catch up with the last few episodes now :-)

    ReplyDelete